L&G 2050Mk2 Wind Data system
The Walker 2050 uses a Combined Anemometer Cup & Vane
Direction Sensor, the P296.
The Sensor connects directly to a standard Walker DIN 144 wind speed & direction indicator, the P1249, which gives digital displays of
relative wind speed & direction. Wind direction is also displayed on a simulated analogue display by use of OLED technology.
True wind systems are available by using this sensor with the Walker P1066 True Wind Interface Unit.
The sensor converts wind speed and direction into serial digital data. Data is displayed by the P1249 Indicator in digital format and also in analogue for wind direction. The instrument interfaces in NMEA 0183/RS422 to other ship systems. Sentence – MWV
- Mounting by base flange.
- Sealed to IP65 (when correctly mounted)
- Weight: 0.92 Kg
- plus 3kg for 40 metre cable and connector assembly.
- Standard DIN 43700 case; 144 x 144 mm – depth 110mm
- Weight: 1.2 Kg
- Mounted by panel clips or drilled frame supplied.
- Cables: 4.5 to 7 mm dia.
- Controls: Illumination; Lamp Test; Select Units, Knots, Metres/Sec and Kilometres/Hour.
- Front panel splash proof when installed correctly.
- Input voltage: 24v DC 40mA
- Wind Speed Measurement
- Range 0–100 knots
- Accuracy +/- 0.5 knots
- Resolution 0.1 knots
- Wind Direction measurement
- Range 0° – 359°
- Accuracy +/- 3°
- Resolution 0.1°
- Operating Temperature
- Sensor -35 °C to +70 °C
- Indicator 0 °C to +55 °C
- Storage Temperature
- Sensor -40 °C to +90 °C
- Humidity <5% to 100%
2050 Mk2 Wind Speed & Direction True System, P1066 True Wind