Ballast Water Management Systems
DESMI Ocean Guard A/S is part of the DESMI Group, which was founded in 1834 by Henning Smith and is one of Denmark’s oldest companies.
For decades DESMI has developed, sold and manufactured pumps for marine applications and today many DESMI pumps are used and installed on board ships all over the world.
The DESMI Group portfolio includes pumps, oil spill response solutions, pumping solutions for defence applications, energy saving systems, automation and contracting activities next to ballast water management systems.
It is the ﬁrst ballast water management systems on the market that combines very low space with large ﬂow rates. Only 3.0 m2 / 30 sqft is necessary for a 1000 m3/h / 4403 gpm system + 0.84 m2 / 9 sqft for the electrical panel, which can however be placed up to 100 m/ 328 ft away from the system itself.
- The smallest footprint in industry
- Only system in the world with integrated stripping solution
- Filter and UV unit in seawater resistant Nickel-Alu-Bronze
- Automatic flow control and lamp dimming
- Worldwide service network
- Fully automated operation
- 24 hours or less holding time on USCG TA certificate
- IMO Type Approval according to the new BWMS code from IMO
- Operational without add-ons
- Graphic HMI touchscreen interface
- Automatic generation of PDF reports to authorities
- Patent pending highly efficient UV unit design
- Short delivery time
- Easy maintenance
- No salinity or temperature limitations
- Down to UV-Transmission of just 42% - Also in US Territory!
- 100% chemical free treatment
In DESMI Ocean Guard we combine our experience from both operating on ship equipment and supplying to the shipbuilding industry.
Our expertise is your insurance when selecting the right ballast water management system to fulfill your requirements.
Test us - contact us with your inquiry and let us show what we are able to do.
- No chemicals
- No risk of increased corrosion
- No hazards to crew, vessel or environment
- No salinity limitations
- No temperature limitations
- Very small footprint
- Easy operation
- Easy maintenance
Compact Clean Ballast Water Management System is one of the first ballast water´management systems on the market that combines very low space with large flow rates.
CompactClean has no salinity or temperature limitations and is undergoing type approval to both IMO and USCG requirements at record-breaking low UV transmission values!
This superior performance comes from the unique and patent pending shape of the UV chamber, which has been carefully developed and optimized through hundreds of state-of the-art CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) simulations.